Norsafe is proud to present the TORMK2, a further development of the long proven TOR MKI Hook. The TOR MK2 is intrinsically safer and includes the safety devices required by operators and regulators.
The TOR MK2 has been designed specifically for simplicity of use. The yellow padlock, clearly visible on both sides of the hook, indicates that the hook is set and release cables correctly located. The locking mechanism is such that securing pins and fall preventers are not necessary.
The TOR MK2 hook system has been evaluated in line with the LSA code as amended, including IMO Res. MSC.320(89) and MSC.321(39).
The New Generation Hook System
- The safest hook system on the market.
- Successfully tested to meet MSC.1/Circ.1392.
- Not sensitive to wear and tear.
- No critical tolerances.
- Padlock on both sides indicating proper reset and cable adjustments.
- Made of Duplex stainless steel (SS2377/EN 1.4462).
- Only visual inspection is required by the crew.
- Successfully tested against premature release.
- Compatible with all Norsafe lifeboats.
- All tests successfully completed and witnessed by DNV.
- Not sensitive to vibration or overload when the release cable is disconnected.
- Release cable telescope is protected when hook is reset.
- Increased strength of release cables.
- Annual service and overhaul every 5 years to be performed by OEM.