Our new generation on-load release system has been designed to comply with the latest IMO regulations and includes all the relevant safety devices and features required by operators and regulators.
Built on Norsafe’s industry standard for release systems of over 30 years and taking in account customer needs, this new design implements all regulatory requirements as well as satisfying the operational needs of its users. This approach has resulted in a system which is failsafe, easy to use, with minimal maintenance and training required to safely operate the system.
In addition, because of its clever design this improved system has the flexibility of installation in any lifeboat type equipped with a first generation TOR release system, without the need for extensive replacement work.
THE NEW TOR RELEASE SYSTEM
Key Benefits include:
• Compliant with the latest IMO regulations for new release systems.
• No design tolerances that affect the proper functionality of the system.
• Easy to use and understand.
• System is designed so it cannot open due to forces from the hook load.
• Simple assessment of the hook being safely reset (padlock indicators).
• The weight of the lifeboat does not cause any forces on the operating mechanism.
• System remains fully closed, capable of holding a SWL under any operational conditions.
• Four deliberate and multiple actions required to release the system.
• Corrosion resistance in marine environments.
• Design ensures that crew members physically reset the system before hoisting the lifeboat.
• Maintenance free design.
• No sensitive wear throughout the service lifetime of the system.
Choosing Norsafe as your service provider gives you access to a wealth of product knowledge from our team of more than 300 global service engineers. We are ready to serve you at any time.
Working with Norsafe means you will:
• Be compliant with the latest regulations
• Have access to spare parts
• Have reduced maintenance costs
• Avoid unbudgeted expenditure regarding emergency repairs and detentions
• Ensure operational safety with your equipment ready at all times
Contact your nearest Norsafe office or our main 24/7 Service phone: +47 37 05 63 33.